Environmentally friendly and sustainable. Some of our items meet Europe-wide standards for certified organic farming. The term "organic" is a term protected by the EU Organic Farming Regulation throughout the EU. The same applies to the terms "from certified organic farming" and "eco". Products that are described as organic must comply with the criteria of the EU Organic Regulation, but not necessarily feature EU organic labels.
EU Organic Seal
is a seal of quality and certification that identifies products from organic farming. The food laws governing organic products are stricter than those for conventional products. Food labelled with the EU organic label must, among other things:
- Not be exposed to ionising radiation for preservation
- Not be produced by and with genetically modified organisms
- Not be produced with the use of synthetic pesticides
- Not be produced with the help of easily soluble mineral fertilizers
- Contain no more than 5% of conventionally produced ingredients
- Not contain any sweeteners and stabilisers any synthetic colourings, preservatives and flavour enhancers
- Not contain any vegetable thickening agents, raising agents or emulsifiers unless they feature in a positive list.
In addition to the European organic seal, there are a variety of national and association seals.
Sustainable or Bio
The terms 'sustainable' and 'organic' are closely related, but they are not synonymous.Sustainable products
are analysed in terms of a life cycle assessment of their environmental impact. The objective is to have a positive eco-footprint.